As writing tends to be a solitary process, writers often find themselves facing these challenges alone or feeling they don’t know where to go for advice or support. Brush Stroke Order offers guidance for every step of your creative journey, whether you are just starting out and need help facing the blank page to how to produce your completed script.
When writing for the stage it’s so important to hear your work out loud during the development process and to test ideas in front of an audience. Brush Stroke Order are committed to finding writers opportunities to see and hear their work being performed. Listed below are the main ways we support writers and their work.
- Playwriting, poetry and short story workshops and short courses with a focus on developing technique and generating material.
- Script reading service for playwrights including a readers report with comments and feedback.
- One to one script surgeries for playwrights (in person or via Skype).
- Rehearsed readings. An opportunity to hear your work read by professional actors and receive feedback from an audience.
- “Meet a Director” events. An opportunity to ask Directors experienced in bringing new writing to the stage what they are looking for in a script and how they approach staging a new play.
- Production opportunities.
- Presentations and workshops on self-employment, producing a play on the fringe and running a creative business.
- Advice on funding your creative project including how to apply for Arts Council funding, tips for succesful crowdfunding and how to find financial supporters for your work.
Our Script Reading Service
Naomi is on the readers panel for The National Theatre and also reads for The Royal Exchange Theatre, Papatango and Theatre 503 as well as being a regular judge for the Greater Manchester Fringe Best New Play award. This range of experience means Naomi is well placed to give feedback on your work and advise you whether you are submitting work to a producing theatre, competition or looking to self produce.
Prices start at just £10.00 for a script of under 15 pages in length.
One act plays (up to 75 pages) are £25.00. Full length plays are £35.00
Playwrights receive a detailed script report giving feedback on the current draft, suggestions for futher development and where to send the final version.
If you would like to take advantage of our script reading service please email email@example.com with your script, postal address and a few lines about your ambitions for the play e.g. submit to theatres, enter a specific competition or self produce.