We visit schools, arts venues, youth and community organisations and can deliver “one off” workshops to helping create a full scale original production. As well as a range of writing workshops we also offer sessions in acting, directing, producing, marketing, interview skills and self employment within the creative industries. While many of our products are tried and tested, we are also interested in creating bespoke workshops and projects. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Naomi’s previous roles include Education Officer and Community Engagement Officer for several regional theatres, leading her to have extensive experience in planning and delivering creative lessons which meet curriculum objectives.
Our creative writing and drama sessions help pupils develop their literacy and speaking and listening skills as well as supporting Citizenship topics and Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning (SEAL). However, Brush Stroke Order can help pupils creatively engage with the whole curriculum not just English and performing arts.
Naomi has devised lessons and projects covering History, Science, ICT, Geography, Business Studies and Religious Studies.
- Drama and storytelling workshops for Key Stage 1-4
- Creative writing workshops for Key Stage 2-4. Choose from poetry, short stories, playwriting or spoken word.
- Directing workshops exploring the best way to tell or stage a story. Suitable for Year 5 and above.
- Short term residencies where pupils create their own original class play or Christmas production.
- “Page and Stage” workshops for GCSE and A level students using practical exercises to explore set texts creatively and bring the words to life.
- Devising workshops for Theatre Studies, Drama and Performance students exploring different ways to generate and present material.
- Assist with mock interviews and career development days.
Naomi has over ten years’ experience delivering workshops and projects in Youth Theatre settings. Familiar with some of the challenges Youth Theatre’s face finding suitable scripts for their groups and young people Brush Stroke Order offers the following services.
- Commission a tailor made script for your youth theatre. You provide the theme or story you want the group to tell, the number of parts, ages and genders and Brush Stroke Order will provide you with your own unique original script.
- Original contemporary monologues for older members to use in auditions. When applying for drama school or attending a casting for a job you want to stand out from the crowd. Brush Stroke Order can provide specially written monologues suitable for young people that casting directors have NEVER heard before yet still meet the requirements for a contemporary monologue.
- Six to ten week courses on new writing and contemporary British Theatre.
- For older Youth Theatre members we provide sessions on setting up your own theatre company and producing a fringe show.
When Speech Was Free
An Education Resource for Key Stage 3 and 4 designed to enrich their studies in Citizenship, ICT and Religious Studies. Exploring the concepts of “free speech,” censorship and “net neutrality” this is a series of short scenes and accompanying tasks designed to stimulate discussion and debate. This resource is designed to be flexible and easily adapted to your requirements whether it is a “one off” lesson, a programme of study for half a term or a residency leading to pupils devising their own performance or written responses.